Collaboration Project Portal
Portal solution Collaboration Project Portal is an in-house development of Soft Xpansion International Group based on Alfresco Community Edition platform. An innovative tool for collaboration on projects allows an effective project team management, a secure storage and processing of data, to automate requests for technical or service support for the project, to facilitate the information exchange between representatives of the customer and his partners/clients.
The product is designed for manufacturing companies of various industries, service industries including IT companies, public sector organizations and authorities.
Collaboration Project Portal has a public subsystem, internal portal and subsystem for administrators.
Public subsystem Collaboration Portal allows to:
- Provide official information about the project, terms and stages of its implementation, expected results of the implementation
- Review the history and geography of implemented projects in the form of interactive project map
- Promulgate current and effective project statistics by a wide range of parameters, including the number of queries and appeals, the number of the system users, etc
- Provide public information about the project team and other individuals/organizations involved in the project implementation or management at all stages: top managers, project team members, consultants, supervisory councils, public organizations with their contact details
- Carry out information support of the project, to inform the target audience about important events and achievements in the course of its implementation by posting news, press-releases, post-releases
Internal portal, as an operational subsystem of the Collaboration Project Portal, provides access to immediate project team members, depending on their rights and distributed roles, to the following modules:
- Product Knowledge Base is a unified protected information space that contains information about the products and services of the customer, current project information, the history of incidents and other operational materials for internal use
- Document repository with version control combines the technical documentation (process maps, technical specifications, industry guidelines, and other reference data) and organizational documents (portal user manuals, instructions for incident management, etc)
- Event calendar – the module acts not only as a personal organizer for the project team members, but also allows to schedule joint events (workshops, presentations, trainings), pre-reserving and allocating the customer's resources in accordance with the needs and format of the event. The option of attaching documents for preliminary review by project participants and SMS or e-mail alerts about scheduled events are also available
- Bugtracker – subsystem for logging incidents and malfunctions for the first, second and third level service and technical support. It ensures communication with the incident management staff for the operative elimination of malfunctions
The project work is implemented through the internal portal user areas which provide access to project team members to their tasks, processes and the necessary work information.
Subsystem for administrators contains the project documentation of restricted use: distribution of access rights and roles, instructions for incident management, instructions for update management, and also allows to generate analytical reports on current projects.
A number of additional convenient options for working with Collaboration Project Portal, such as for example, setting of e-mail, SMS, subscribe to portal news, are also available.
Benefits of adopting Collaboration Project Portal from Soft Xpansion International
Collaboration Project Portal solution is developed on the basis of the free Alfresco Community Edition platform, which provides secure and reliable data storage and high-performance characteristics of the solution.
Implementation of Collaboration Project Portal can be done in Linux or Windows environment, does not require additional licenses, databases or application servers, thus reducing the total cost borne by the customer.
Collaboration Project Portal can be integrated with existing customer information systems (CRM, accounting, and other accounting programs), customer's official web-site and social networks (Facebook, Twitter).
Soft Xpansion International offers a full range of services for the customization and implementation of the solution: preparation of terms of reference, completion and testing, preparation of the environment, deployment and configuration, commissioning, migration to the new system and integration with other systems, warranty and service support.